Yes, I have come back to the blogging fold. I consider myself inspired by Chaucer, both the houseoffame.blogspot.com "Chaucer" and the historical fellow whose work forms the basis of my third dissertation chapter. Perhaps this will only be a trial run, or maybe I'll get back to writing on a semi-regular basis.
For the moment, I'm just stuck on Chaucer, and I had been thinking about getting back to blogging, so I thought I'd give it a shot! I must proudly say that I have 15 good pages and about 50 other pages that I have to sort through to see what deserves to be in the chapter proper. I have determined that I must write out a long interpretive summary that mentions every little thing that I can possibly think of about the text. Then, after that, after I've gotten it all out of my system, I have to go figure out what needs to be in the chapter versus what just sounded interesting to me at the time. Since the Melibee is loooooong, I can't very well put everything in the chapter, or else I'm pretty sure my workshop group would shoot me. So for the first time I'm tackling a long text and trying to organize my discussion by thematic points. It's a brave new world. And the sooner I get started, the sooner I'll be finished . . . .
Wednesday, January 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment