Basic important news: I made it to Rochester! Everything is out of the boxes! I don't know where everything is because I put things in drawers and closets so that they wouldn't be on the floor or all furniture. I figure I should find everything before I move out.
Exciting news: my first adult couch. It's awesome espresso-colored microsuede comfiness from heaven. I wish I had room for the chair and ottoman that match, because they are fantastic, but I don't think they'd fit, and I don't want to clutter my apartment with furniture that simply doesn't fit in the space that I have. Kitty has already made herself at home and is napping on it. I see myself doing the same very soon. I'm exhausted but hoping to make it to regular bedtime so I can get on a normal schedule; one night I stayed up until 2 AM unpacking my books/office things. And I've been getting up before 8 or 9 easily, so I'm about done. But my apartment's set up, and I have an excellent napsite, so I'm kind of pleased with myself.
13 WHAM News: that's one of the local ABC affiliates here: 13 WHAM. I keep half expecting, half hoping for George Michael to pop in to tell me about the weather or for their morning show to have some slogan like "Waking YOU up before you go-go to work!" So far I've been disappointed, but I'm keeping the "Faith" that something Fantastic will pop up. I guess it's just plain ol' WHAM News and not WHAM! News. Rats.
As you might have guessed, I don't have cable yet -- can you believe I called and the soonest they could hook me up was almost 2 weeks!? :-( But when I do, Time Warner has a deal for digital cable for less than the price of regular cable. I'm goin' digital baby! So it better be worth the wait. Time Warner is SO better than South Bend cable.
Digression: Seriously, the guy just said "13 WHAM Sports" and yet again, my brain goes "George Michael!" Cable can't come soon enough! Or I should just not watch the WHAM channel, but I'm kind of drawn to it. . . . Honestly, it's the reason I'm writing this blog. I was working on transferring pictures from my camera to my computer while the news was on, and after about the 5th announcement of "13 WHAM" something or other, I thought "I have to tell people about this" and get my ranting about WHAM News out of my system, hopefully.
Back to my pictures!
Wednesday, August 30, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment