Tuesday, June 05, 2007

To quote Arnie: I'm baaaaaaaack

Safely moved back to the Midwest, land of the Mullets -- which is only confirmed by the fact that the White Sox vs. Astros game is going to be MULLET NIGHT this month. Or next, I forget; it's not that important to me, except in its very existence, and the fact that if you do not already have one when you go, they will CUT YOU ONE.
Yes, it's true. And frightening.

I will be going to a DisAstros game at the end of the month, but certainly not to Mullet Night. I don't know if there's an event (please, no). I've never been to a pro baseball game, so we'll see how entertaining it can be. . . in Houston. . . at the end of June. Sounds like a swelterfest. Ah well. According to one of my friends, the DisAstros are playing the "not at all good" Colorado Rockies, so we might see them at least not lose miserably. Place your bets now.

Anyway. I'm back, and I'm exhausted still. I'm not sure how much is moving fatigue or how much is allergy-related and heat related. My apartment's a/c is busted, and the one guy who can work on it has been out for eye surgery until tomorrow. Luckily, it's been cool enough to manage, but the temps will start climbing, and the allergens have already been attacking. Every afternoon for the past few days I have either felt like crashing for 2 hours, or I've actually done it, and this is no good.

On the bright side, I did get up at 5AM to write for about half an hour before going back to sleep, and I do like the new idea for structuring my final chapter. Also, I collected a good seven books to read. So I'm rapidly approaching "work" as soon as my body and mind manage to work out a reliable schedule. Fingers crosed.


Munchkin still makes me laugh. Picking her for my pic was a stroke of genius.

1 comment:

usuallyemily said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.