Thursday, September 14, 2006

My first 29th birthday

Yes, folks, tomorrow is my first 29th birthday, so expect to see none of me online. I plan on enjoying myself! It's pajamas and cable and no Chaucer! And maybe some shopping!

My boyfriend at first didn't get the joke about my FIRST 29th birthday. I guess since men don't make such jokes usually, it seemed odd, until I explained that next year will be my SECOND 29th birthday, and so on and so forth, until it becomes ridiculous and I have to admit that I'm over 30. I'm not sure how much I care yet, not until people start making me FEEL old. But I am proud that I have only about 10 gray hairs (that I can see and then pluck out; I guess I will have to stop pulling them out eventually). Does blatant denial count as aging gracefully?

Not that I'm any wiser -- does anyone know how to cite, per the CMS, two articles from the same collection separately in endnotes? I can't find this for the life of me.

I also feel completely scattered lately, like I arrive at the library, and I need a few minutes before I can competently speak/comprehend/think. And should I be asked to do any of these things, I just can't respond intelligibly let alone intelligently. I'm going to have to start arriving extra early and just hanging out until my brain catches up. But I'm sure it's not age, just allergies, the other bane of my existence. At least, I hope so. They make plenty of pills against allergies!

So happy ides of September to everyone!

No comments: