Wednesday, April 04, 2007

World's Ugliest Dog Wallpaper




Yes, thanks to those innovators over at Animal Planet, you can now have a contestant from the World's Ugliest Dog Contest as your computer wallpaper. Please, go here, and see. You can get a shot of the whole animal, like dear Munchkin here, not just the headshot that you see so often in ugly dog websites.

Is there something seriously wrong with me that I find these ugly beasts intriguing and humorous? Next question, perhaps more important: does anyone actually buy those Chinese Crested Hairless dogs for any reason other than to enter these contests? It's like the female Gremlin bore the children of the Crypt-Keeper.

But seriously, in a disturbing way, I think Munchkin's kind of cute. Even if one of my creative writer friends did describe him thus: "Looks like a rat swallowed a football, then started growing pubes everywhere." I think Munchkin looks far more cuddly than some of the other options.

If I haven't convinced you to check out these websites, I feel very sad. They have brought me much joy. Do you think that means there's something wrong with me?

In support of Munchkin, and because I have often been called that name, like it or not, I have decided to adopt Munchkin as my photo. May it be a source of continued amusement to you all.

No comments: